Help shape Auckland's future.
What we offer
We can offer a fantastic opportunity to start your career with AT. Here’s some of the things we offer:
- Successful applicants will be part of a 2 year programme that is designed to enable them to map a learning journey by rotating through a range of disciplines and divisions.
- Business units where you can customise your career including Infrastructure, Finance, AT Metro,
- Business Technology, Transport Operations, Communications & Marketing, and Strategy & Investment.
- You will have a home base in one of our business units, but to give you the experiences and insights to shape your career, you will rotate through other divisions every 6 months.
- Our innovative social learning platform allows you to work with a wide array of expert mentors – you get to search and select the right mentor for you and get customised professional coaching advice.
- We are also very supportive of our graduates gaining professional qualifications at every step of the way. If you would like to step up your learning in a certain area, we can give you the time and financial support you need.
- AT’s dedicated Graduate and Cadet Development pathway includes external and internal learning and development opportunities, which are available to you throughout your Graduate and Cadetship tenure.
- We support disadvantaged young people via a partnership with First Foundations, a charity set up to provide scholarships, mentoring and internships to talented students from low decile schools.
Who are we looking for:
- Auckland Transport is looking for graduate students, people studying for diplomas and under-graduates with a wide range of backgrounds.
- We are after people who have strong problem solving and analytical skills, lead themselves to achieve and have a passion for helping make Auckland the best place it can be!
- Our past graduate hires come from various backgrounds; they may have some prior work experience, extra-curricular activities, achievements, sports or team experience, clubs, community or volunteering involvement, strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
Where you'll work
We’re looking for graduates to join us in the following areas:
- Finance & Risk.
- Customer, Community and Marketing.
- Strategy & Policy.
You should be applying for AT’s Graduate Programme in your final year of university study.
The application process
Applications for the 2020 graduate programme closed on 28 July 2019.