Auckland Transport and NZ Police are working together over the Christmas 2018 and New Year holiday period to reduce the number of instances of drink-driving on Auckland roads.
A key initiative will be free travel on all buses and trains from 4pm to end-of-service on Friday 21 December 2018.
So leave the car at home and let us get you home safely.
This offer is not available on ferries, Skybus or Waiheke buses.
If you bought a paper ticket simply present the original paper ticket at a Customer Service Centre in order to obtain a full refund.
Specific information for AT HOP cardholders.
The “Home Free” promotion is available to those traveling on Auckland buses and trains on Friday 21 December 2018. All customers with AT HOP cards travelling at or after 4pm on Friday 21 December 2018 will receive no charge on their AT HOP account, no need to use your AT HOP card to tag on or off.
Starting your journey before 4pm and completing it after 4pm
All customers with AT HOP cards that start their journey before 4pm and complete it after 4pm:
- For buses tag off as usual.
- For trains stations the gates and tag machine will be turned off, no need to tag off.
Please read below for more information as your AT HOP card may still be charged:
For bus journeys
If an AT HOP cardholder starts a bus journey before 4pm but completes it after 4pm their card will debited the relevant fare.
- If the AT HOP card is registered this fare will automatically be refunded within three working days.
- If the AT HOP card is NOT registered during the promotional period, the customer has two options:
- Go to an AT Metro Customer Service Centre and get a refund for the relevant fare on the card
- Set up a MyAT account in order to register the AT HOP card online (AT.govt.nz/ATHOP) and request the refund via your online account. This is done by logging into the online account. View the step by step instructions. Please note that if you wish to continue to travel anonymously after the refund, AT HOP cards once registered cannot be deregistered.
For train journeys
If an AT HOP cardholder starts a train journey before 4pm but completes it after 4pm their card will debited a Default Fare. Due to the inability to tag off after 4pm at train stations, the Default Fare will be charged to your AT HOP card.
- If the AT HOP card is registered this fare will automatically be refunded within three working days
- If the AT HOP card is NOT registered, the customer has two options:
- Go to an AT Metro Customer Service Centre and get a full refund on the card.
- Register the AT HOP card online and request the refund via your online account This is done by logging into the online account. View the step by step instructions
This offer is not available to Monthly Pass holders