Consultation status: closed 14 April 2017
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to improve pedestrian crossing outside St Thomas School on Allum Street in Kohimarama.
We propose to:
- Install a Kea Crossing between 126 and 111 Allum Street, operated by school staff during the morning and afternoon school peak periods. Find out more about Kea crossings on the NZTA website.
- Install kerb buildout outside 126 Allum Street.
- Install No stopping at all times (broken yellow lines) road markings either side of the kea crossing.
- Install signage matching the kea crossing.
- Remove one tree outside 111 Allum Street to improve visibility at the crossing.
Why the changes are needed
These improvements will give school students a safer place to cross the road and allow better control of the traffic flow, especially during school peak hours.
The broken yellow lines are essential to provide clear visibility between pedestrians and drivers so that pedestrians can cross safely.