Consultation status: open until 14 March 2017
We are proposing to upgrade two existing zebra crossings in Newmarket. These pedestrian crossings are located outside number 103 and number 108 on Carlton Gore Road.
- Upgrade the existing zebra crossing platforms to raised speed tables.
- Install speed table approach warning signs.
- Install "20 km" speed advisory signs.
- Reconstruct footpath outside 103 Carlton Gore Road.
- Reconstruct the pram crossings.
- Install new cesspits.
Why the changes are required
It has been observed that drivers are experiencing difficulty distinguishing these pedestrian crossings, especially when approaching from the west. These upgrades will improve visibility for drivers when pedestrians are intending to or using the pedestrian crossings.
The changes also provide a safer environment by lowering the speed of vehicles approaching the pedestrian crossings.
If you would like to post in your feedback, download and print our feedback form template, fill in your details and send it freepost using the address details on the form.