Dominion Road, Mount Eden - New loading zone Dominion Road, Mount Eden - New loading zone
Proposal status: Feedback closed 22 December 2020, last updated 25 January 2021
Reference number: RTV-318
In December 2020, we proposed to add a new P5 Loading Zone (5 minute parking restriction) outside 283 Dominion Road. After reviewing all the feedback, we are proceeding with the work as proposed.
What happens next
We anticipate the changes will be constructed in late January to March 2021. We will be in touch with local residents and businesses prior to any construction taking place.
Thank you for helping us make better decisions for your neighbourhood, informed by your local knowledge. We received supportive feedback from the community.
We're proposing improvements in your area
Aucklanders have told us that moving around our city safely and easily is important to them. We are proposing some improvements to your area.
We would like to add a new P5 Loading Zone (5 minute parking restriction) outside 283 Dominion Road and are asking for your views.
The changes we are proposing:
- Install a P5 Loading Zone at the former bus stop at 283 Dominion Road. The loading zone will not apply during bus lane hours (Monday to Friday, 7am to 9am).
- Install new road markings and signs to support the new loading zone.
- Remove the bus stop sign, pole, visual passenger information display and bench as this bus stop is no longer in use.
- Paint broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) outside 293 and 295 Dominion Road. This will not remove any legal on-street parking spaces.
Auckland Transport would like to work with you to deliver safer roads in your neighbourhood. These changes aim to discourage delivery vehicles from double parking in the traffic lane by providing businesses with short term parking for deliveries. The addition of broken yellow lines will make it safer and easier for larger vehicles to enter and exit the loading zone.
Download the proposal drawing for Dominion Road (PDF 1MB)
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Mount Eden: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Dominion Road are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).
The bus stop outside 283 Dominion Road was removed from use in 2018 as part of the Dominion Road bus lane improvements.