Consultation status: closed 23 October 2017
Proposal reference: BYL-175
We are proposing the following changes:
- Installation of broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times restrictions) on the curve in the road outside number 49 Frederick Street.
- Installation of broken yellow lines at the bend and rise in the road from 62 - 70 Frederick Street.
These changes are required to improve driver visibility approaching the bend in the road between 62 and 70 Frederick Street, where the road also rises. Additional broken yellow lines are also proposed for the blind corner at 49 Frederick Street.
Cars parked at these locations are causing drivers to cross the centre line. The proposed changes aim to improve driver safety by restricting parking at this location.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
- Extend the broken yellow lines to the speed bump outside number 75 Frederick Street, and to number 63 Frederick Street and to cover the whole street. A visibility check was carried out by our engineers, the proposed broken yellow lines are required to ensure sufficient visibility. Increasing the length of broken yellow lines will only reduce parking on Frederick Street. If vehicles are parking too close to driveways, customers should call 09 355 3553 to report it.
- Reduction of broken yellow lines on the Southern side of Frederick Street and from the downhill section. Parking down one side would result in vehicles still crossing the centreline to pass parked cars on the side without broken yellow lines. This is not ideal as this causes safety concerns due to visibility concerns. To avoid this, we have proposed to stagger the broken yellow lines across the high risk sections of the road.
- Removal of parking will increase vehicle speed. Speeds will not increase due to speed calming measures being installed.
- Parking is required on this street. Frederick Street has plenty of on street parking. Residents can park where there are no broken yellow lines.
- Request for additional works including broken yellow lines on Godall Street, maintenance for underground leakage and timed parking restrictions. If you would like your request to be considered by AT for future development works, please provide feedback here.
We expect to introduce this work in the 2017/18 financial year, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues.
Contractors will issue 48-hour notice to all affected residents prior to construction work.