Consultation status: closed 7 April 2017
Matiatia car park
We are seeking feedback on the car park at Matiatia Ferry Terminal, including your thoughts on:
- Whether additional mobility parking spaces can be added.
- The availability of parking spaces for off-peak parking.
- Which changes might free up some additional space for parking.
We are proposing:
- To convert six existing parking spaces to additional mobility spaces, bringing the total to 20. These parking spaces would have a 48 hour time limit and a tariff of $4 per day. Increasing the number of mobility parks would reduce the existing number of P30 (30 minute time limit) parking spaces to 18.
- To restrict 60 car parks to a maximum parking time of seven hours. A tariff of $1 per hour will apply to these 60 parking spaces.
- To convert eight existing parking spaces outside the ferry terminal into P30 spaces for small passenger service vehicle parking between 8am and 12 noon. These parks will have a 30-minute time limit, and will allow pre-booked tour vehicles and tour operators to meet groups coming from the ferry. From 12 noon until 8am these eight parks would become regular paid parking with a time limit of seven hours and will cost $1 per hour.
- To limit the remaining parking to a maximum time limit of 24 hours with a $6 per day tariff.
- To keep the two existing mobility parking spaces reserved for mooring holders.
Owhanake car park
We are seeking feedback on proposed changes to the Owhanake car park. We propose to split the car park into a 24-hour parking section and a 48-hour parking section. Each section will be clearly identified with signage.
We also propose to add No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) to the eastern edge of the car park and on both sides of the entrance.