Consultation status: closed 21 April 2017.
The bus stop at the northern end of Nuffield Street (opposite the entrance to Newmarket Station) is no longer needed and Auckland Transport wants to reallocate the space.
- Relocating the P5 Loading Zone, Goods Vehicles Only, Monday to Sunday,
- Creating a new area of paid parking part of the Newmarket paid parking zone.
9amto 6pm, Monday to Sunday.
- Rate: $2 per hour.
For details of the proposed changes:
The proposal received positive feedback with a suggestion that the proposed loading zone be moved to where motorcycle parking is currently located, and the motorcycle parking
Revising the original proposal will:
- Add the loading zone to the centre of Nuffield Street's business area, where it can be used by all businesses.
- Improve visibility from the pedestrian crossing looking south along Nuffield Street.
- Keep the same motorcycle parking length at the new location.
The proposal - including the paid parking part of the original proposal - will proceed to the next stage of detailed planning.