Consultation status: closed 1 February 2017
We are proposing to install a Clearway to help reduce congestion on Owens Road. The clearway will operate on weekdays from 7am to 9 am and from 4pm to 6pm.
Why changes are needed
The proposed clearway will help alleviate this congestion and improve the capacity of this road.
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
Specific feedback and proposed solution
- Request that the clearway operate for a longer period each day. We have investigated if the clearway needs to operate for a longer period each day however our site visits have concluded it is not necessary at this time.
- Suggestion that the clearway be extended further along Owens Road or Mountain Road. The reason we are proposing to install at clearway in this location is to avoid the need for major civil works. Mountain Road was also considered for a clearway however our investigations showed traffic cleared easily and a clearway was not justified for this location.
- Concern that lane markings on Owens Road are confusing. We have audited these road markings and found there are currently no issues.
- Suggestion that the clearway would increase traffic volumes and speed up traffic in the area. We do not believe a clearway will increase traffic or speeds as the clearway being installed to assist with existing volumes and will not attract more.
- Request to review light phasing. We have forwarded the request to review the phasing of the traffic lights at this intersection to the appropriate team.
We expect to introduce this work by June 2017, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.