Victoria Avenue, Remuera – Paid Parking and Mobility Parking Victoria Avenue, Remuera – Paid Parking and Mobility Parking
Proposal status: Closed
Reference number: RTV-376
In July 2021, we proposed improving parking turnover, flexibility, and accessibility on Victoria Avenue, Remuera, by introducing new parking restrictions and mobility parking.
This proposal was in response to a request from the Remuera Business Association to review the current state of parking and improve parking availability in the area.
We apologise for the delay in publishing this proposal outcome. To better understand parking in the area, we also proposed changes on Clonbern Road and on St Vincent Avenue, and met with the local board before deciding on the best approach.
After reviewing all your feedback, we have decided not to proceed with the proposed works. Our Parking Compliance Team will closely monitor this area to help improve parking availability.
Our proposal received a range of feedback that highlighted how important parking along Victoria Avenue is to the local community. The process of reviewing the feedback has taken longer than anticipated. We aim to publish an overview of it, and the outcome of the proposal, on this webpage in the next couple of months. We thank everyone for sending us feedback and apologise for this delay. We will be back in contact as soon as possible.
We're proposing improvements in your area
Aucklanders have told us that moving around our city safely and easily is important to them. We are proposing some improvements to your area.
We have received a request to improve parking availability and accessibility on Victoria Avenue by introducing new parking restrictions.
We are proposing to:
- Replace the existing time-restricted parking zones on both sides of Victoria Avenue and the taxi stand on the eastern side of the road between the intersections with Remuera Road and Tirohanga Avenue with new paid parking restrictions. The restrictions will be operational from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday, and the tariff will be $2 per hour.
- Introduce a new 180 minute mobility parking restriction (P180) which is operational at all times.
Download the proposal drawing for Victoria Ave (PDF 281KB)
Auckland Transport would like to work with you to deliver safer roads in your neighbourhood. We received a request to improve parking availability and accessibility on Victoria Avenue. These changes to introduce paid parking will improve parking turnover and flexibility. A new mobility parking space will address the increased demand for mobility parking in the area.
If you would like to post in your feedback, download and print our feedback form template, fill in your details and send it freepost using the address details on the form.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Remuera: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Victoria Ave are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).