Viewland Avenue, Onehunga – Broken Yellow Lines Viewland Avenue, Onehunga – Broken Yellow Lines
Proposal status: Feedback open until 3 April 2023
Reference number: BYL-617
We're proposing improvements in your area
In response to community requests, we are proposing to paint broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) on one side of Viewland Avenue. This will improve access to the road.
We are proposing to paint broken yellow lines:
- outside 47 Trafalgar Street on Viewland Avenue
- on the western side of Viewland Avenue, from 4 to 20 Viewland Avenue
- around both corners of the intersection of Viewland Avenue and Trafalgar Street.
Download the proposal drawing for Viewland Avenue (PDF 210KB)
We’ve heard from residents that vehicles parked opposite each other have caused access issues on Viewland Avenue.
We appreciate that while this proposal may appear to reduce available parking spaces, Viewland Avenue is a narrow road that can be easily blocked when people park opposite each other.
Painting broken yellow lines will enable people to park on Viewland Avenue while ensuring that larger vehicles like emergency service vehicles can always get through.
What happens next
- We’ll listen to all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Onehunga: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Viewland Avenue are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).