Consultation status: closed 7 May 2018
Proposal reference: MIP1718-011
We are proposing to install pram crossings and a pedestrian refuge island on Reeves Road in the existing flush median, adjacent to 62 Reeves Road. This will require a new footpath and a staircase which will be installed on the northern pram crossing connecting pedestrians to the existing footpath.
Why the changes are needed
These changes will:
- Improve pedestrian connectivity and safety, especially for pre-school children and parents by meeting their pedestrian desire line.
- Improve pedestrian network connectivity and improved access for park users.
- Improve safety and accessibility for pram and wheelchair users.
The proposal received positive feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
- Clarification for what the black paint means on the diagram. The black markings represent existing markings which will remain.
- Request to keep the existing median strip and yellow lines outside of our house (64 Reeves Road) as if people were to park their it blocks the road and passing them would require that someone go on the other side of the road at the island. The existing median strip and yellow lines outside 64 Reeves Road will remain. The black markings represent existing markings which will remain.
We expect to introduce this work between July 2018 and June 2019, subject to further changes in design or funding issues.
Contractors will issue 48-hour notices to all affected residents prior to construction work.