Consultation status: closed 24 May 2017
We are proposing the following changes:
1. Beach Road slip lane to Anzac Road.
- Install a new zebra crossing with raised platform across the slip lane.
- Install new signs, road markings and belisha disks with new poles.
2. Beach Road onto Glencoe Road.
- Install a new continuity road marking for right turn lane.
Why the changes are needed
We have identified an opportunity to improve the pedestrian user experience at the intersection of Beach Road, Anzac Road and Glencoe Road.
These changes will also encourage lower vehicle speeds on the approach to the intersection.
AT’s Network Optimisation Programme is intended to address safety concerns and improve efficiency for all road users. This project is proposing to improve the pedestrian user experience at this intersection and will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
We expect to introduce this work by throughout 2017/2018, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.