Consultation status: closed 18 November
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to add No Stopping at All Times restrictions (broken yellow lines) along one side of Domain Road in Glenfield.
This proposed change is to improve the access to the road for residents, emergency vehicles and rubbish trucks.
Our site visits confirm that vehicle movement is restricted when vehicles are parked on both sides of the narrow section of Domain Road. The proposed broken yellow lines will address this issue.
View the proposed changes to Domain Road (PDF 158KB)
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed with an additional change to the next stage of detailed planning. The additional change to the plan is:
- New No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) are to be installed along the southern corner of Glenfield Road and Domain Road and extending into Domain Road for two parking spaces along the southern side of the road.
Specific feedback and proposed solution
- Request for No stopping at all times restrictions at the top of Domain Road. Please see the changes described above. This additional change provides drivers with a space to pull over to let oncoming vehicles through, when necessary.
- Request to extend No stopping at all times restrictions (NSAAT restrictions) from the proposed area to the top of Domain Road. Restrictions on parking are only implemented where a significant safety or accessibility issue has been identified and in streets that are classified as narrow (less than 6.5m wide). The section of Domain Road immediately above the proposed NSAAT restrictions is approximately 7.5m wide. As a result, it is not considered an appropriate location for NSAAT restrictions at this stage.
- Request to extend NSAAT restrictions down the road from the proposed area. While this section of Domain Road is considered narrow, there are lower traffic volumes and fewer parked cars. Removal of parking throughout this section is not justified at this stage.
- Request to place NSAAT restrictions on the opposite side of the road instead. If the NSAAT restrictions were instead placed on the northern side of the road, it would be possible for vehicles to park continuously along the southern side of the road. If this were to occur, there would be no space for drivers to pull over to allow oncoming larger vehicles through when necessary. In the proposed plan, the road space next to driveways functions as intermittent spaces to pull over when necessary.
- Request for additional works including a request for traffic lights and limited time parking at the top of Domain Road. These requests are out of scope for this proposal. If you would like your request to be considered by AT for future development works, please provide feedback or report a problem here.
We expect to introduce this work by June 2017, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue a 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.