Hauraki Road, Leigh – Raised Zebra Crossing Hauraki Road, Leigh – Raised Zebra Crossing
Proposal status: Feedback open until 29 May 2023
Reference number: 20100538
We're proposing improvements in your area
Auckland Transport and Rodney Local Board are proposing to build a raised zebra crossing outside the Leigh General Store.
- The crossing would be raised to be level with the footpath and have traffic islands at the crossing points to shorten the crossing distance.
- We have minimised the removal of parking as much as possible. 3 parking spaces would need to be removed to create a safe crossing.
Download proposal drawing for Hauraki Road (PDF 2MB)
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Auckland Transport, local boards and ward councillors are working together to prioritise and address safety concerns. This project is funded by the Local Board Transport Capital Fund Programme. This programme uses funding within Auckland Transport’s annual budget to deliver on Local Board initiatives for local areas and communities.
Leigh: Safe with us
This project supports Tāmaki Makaurau’s commitment to Vision Zero, an ambitious transport safety vision, with the goal of no deaths or serious injuries on our transport system by 2050. This approach acknowledges that as people we all make mistakes, however a mistake should not mean someone dies or is seriously injured on our roads. It’s also an approach that values everyone using the road, not just those in vehicles.