Consultation status: closed 2 December 2016
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to make changes to parking in Karaka Street, Puriri Street and Dominion Street in Takapuna.
The proposal will improve parking availability during the week, as well as upgrade and relocate bus stops in the area.
We propose to:
- Add new P120 (two-hour time limit) restrictions on one side of Karaka Street and Dominion Street between 8am and 6pm from Monday to Friday to increase parking availability during the week.
- Install new No Stopping at All Times (broken yellow lines) on the corner of Karaka Street and Puriri Street increase visibility on the bus route.
- Upgrade the bus stops on Karaka Street by adding broken yellow lines, helping buses move in and out more effectively.
- Relocate the bus stop on the corner of Dominion Street to Puriri Street and replace the bus stop with broken yellow lines.
- Consolidate and extend the current P120 angle parking between 8am and 6pm from Monday to Friday on Puriri Street.