Rosedale Rd, Tawa Dr, Cowley Pl, Rosedale - Roundabout Metering Signals Rosedale Rd, Tawa Dr, Cowley Pl, Rosedale - Roundabout Metering Signals
Consultation status: closed 7 February 2018
Proposal reference: RTV-127
We are proposing to meter traffic on Tawa Drive and Rosedale Road in the peak hour. This includes:
- Installation of new traffic signals and detectors on Tawa Drive and Rosedale Road.
- Existing limit lines moved forward.
- Extension of two approach lanes and the existing clearway on Tawa Drive.
- Amending the existing AM clearway on Tawa Drive to operate during both AM and PM hours.
- Installation of new broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times restrictions) where Cowley Place feeds into the roundabout.
View the consultation drawing for Rosedale Rd, Tawa Dr, Cowley Pl (PDF 1.95MB)
We identified an imbalance of queuing at the roundabout over different periods throughout the day. By adding metering signals congestion is better managed by creating gaps in the continuous-flow of traffic. Installing these detectors allows us to create a better flow of traffic through the roundabout and queues are more evenly distributed across the intersection. Therefore the overall efficiency of the roundabout is enhanced.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. However, Auckland Transport have decided not to proceed with this proposal at this stage as upcoming Local Road improvements along Rosedale Road and adjacent intersections are proposed as part of the Northern Corridor Improvements Project.