Proposal status: open until 25 July 2019
Reference number: FP1819-037
We're proposing changes in your area
We are proposing to improve safety for people walking on Ararimu Road in Ramarama. The proposed safety improvements include:
- a pedestrian crossing with traffic signals outside Ramarama Primary School
- new footpath and associated facilities on both sides of Ararimu Road
- safer designated parking on Ararimu Road, including redesigning the school car park
- red ‘School’ road markings to raise driver awareness and a flashing warning sign indicating the nearby signalised pedestrian crossing
- raised speed tables on McEldownie and Hillview Roads.
This will involve the creation of 8 additional car parks.
Why the changes are needed
These changes are needed to improve safety for people walking and other vulnerable road users around the Ramarama Primary School given the increased pedestrian traffic that’s expected with the nearby Drury south development.
If you would like to post in your feedback, download and print our feedback form template, fill in your details and send it freepost using the address details on the form.