Proposal status: closed 25 July 2019, last updated 22 October 2019.
Reference number: FP1819-037
We've proposed changes in your area
We proposed to improve safety for people walking on Ararimu Road in Ramarama. The proposed safety improvements included:
- a pedestrian crossing with traffic signals outside Ramarama Primary School;
- new footpath and associated facilities on both sides of Ararimu Road;
- safer designated parking on Ararimu Road, including redesigning the school car park;
- red 'School' road markings to raise driver awareness and a flashing warning sign indicating the nearby signalised pedestrian crossing;
- raised speed tables on McEldownie and Hillview Roads.
This will involve the creation of 8 additional car parks.
Why the changes are needed
These changes are needed to improve safety for people walking and other vulnerable road users around the Ramarama Primary School given the increased pedestrian traffic that’s expected with the nearby Drury south development.
This project will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning. The proposal received positive responses from community members and stakeholders who supported these pedestrian safety improvements. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback.
This work will happen by April 2020, but we will let you know if there are further changes or delays. Our contractors will send notices to affected residents 48-hours prior to construction starting.