Consultation status: closed 3 March 2017
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to upgrade the current road layout and crossings around the intersection of Hope Farm Avenue and Cascades Road in Pakuranga Heights.
We propose to:
- Upgrade the existing splitter island on Hope Farm Avenue at the Cascades Road intersection.
- Relocate the existing pram crossings and reinstate the kerb.
- Install new tactile pavers.
- Install No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) on Hope Farm Avenue and Cascades Road.
- Install new road signage.
- Re-mark the road markings.
The existing splitter island is narrow and unsuitable for this intersection. Upgrading it will give drivers enough warning to slow down and make the intersection safer for pedestrians.
As part of these
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
The proposal received positive feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
We expect to introduce this work by June 2017, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue a 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.