Consultation status: closed 27 January 2017
We are looking to add No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) on Maghera Drive, East Tamaki Heights.
Why changes are required
There are visibility concerns when vehicles park too near to the intersections of Maghera Drive. There is limited accessibility within Magilligan Close due to parked vehicles.
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed with changes to the next stage of detailed planning. The proposed restrictions on Magilligan Close will be revised, please see the consultation plans for changes.
Specific feedback and proposed solution
- Request to remove proposed restrictions from Magilligan Close as it is not busy and visibility is not affected by parked cars and there is a need for visitor parking. The proposed restrictions along Magilligan Close will be withdrawn, though the restrictions at the intersection with Maghera Drive will be maintained to assist visibility for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Suggestion to install additional No stopping at all times restrictions outside 144 and 146 Kilkenny Drive to improve visibility. Removal of parking opposite of Maghera Drive on Kilkenny Drive is not required for intersection visibility. This parking is removed from the live lane and does not create a significant network issue.
- Suggestion to trim the trees on corner of Magilligan Close and on intersection of Maghera and Kilkenny. This feedback is unfortunately outside of scope of this project, however it will be reviewed and raised with Auckland council for action if appropriate.
- Proposal for the restrictions to be extended down Maghera Drive to improve accessibility for driveways. Although parked cars may be inconvenient, there is a need to provide a balance between the parking requirements for local businesses and the need to maintain reasonable public access on the public roads. In this instance, parked vehicles are not considered to create a significant issue and additional parking restrictions are not required. Should vehicles be parking within 1 m of a driveway, we encourage residents to report the vehicle to our enforcement team on (09) 355 3553.
- Request for additional works including speed lowering measurements for Maghera Drive and intersection improvements at Maghera and Kilkenny. If you would like your request to be considered by AT for future development works, please provide feedback or report a problem here.
We expect to introduce this work by June 2017, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue a 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.