Consultation status: open until 3 March 2017
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to upgrade the intersection of Moore Street, Gibraltar Street and Elliot Street in Howick.
We propose to:
- Install No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) on Moore Street, Gibraltar Street and Elliot Street.
- Install new road signage.
- Install side islands outside 69 Moore Street, along with directional pavers?
- Install a flush median on Elliot and Gibraltar Street approaching the Moore Street intersection.
This intersection does not have a suitable crossing point and pedestrians (including unsupervised school children) have been seen crossing regardless of traffic. The improved road layout will also increase visibility for drivers.
This proposed upgrade will provide a safer means of crossing this intersection - especially during peak demand periods during school hours. As part of these
Download the consultation plans:
- Consultation drawing for the Moore Street, Gibraltar Street and Elliot Street intersection (PDF 1MB)
If you would like to post in your feedback, download and print our feedback form template, fill in your details and send it