Consultation status: closed 3 March 2017
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to upgrade the intersection of Ridge Road and Vincent Street in Howick.
We propose to:
- Install No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) on both sides of Ridge Road.
- Install a flush median on Ridge Road with a right-turn bay into the intersection with Vincent Street.
- Install high friction road surfacing (around 30m long) on the southbound kerb-side traffic lane of Ridge Road.
The proposal will make the intersection of Vincent Street more visible to
As part of this proposal, we will also upgrade any sub-standard street lighting as required.
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
Specific feedback and proposed solution
- Suggestion that the No stopping at all times restrictions should be extended to the bus stop on Ridge Road (Eastern Bound). We will formalise the bus stop on the eastern bound side of Ridge Road and this will be done during the detailed design phase. As part of this process, the No stopping at all times restrictions will be extended and bus stop markings will be installed in accordance with AT Code of Practice regulations.
- Request for additional works including speed calming near to the junction of Elliot Street and Ridge Road. If you would like your request to be considered by AT for future development works, please provide feedback or report a problem here.
We expect to introduce this work by June 2018, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue a 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.