Consultation status: closed 23 February 2017
We are proposing to:
- Install a pedestrian refuge island on Settlement Road as per the consultation plan.
- Install a right turn pocket on Kelvin on Settlement Road for Kelvin Road.
- Install No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) for the bus stop and associated with the pedestrian refuge island.
- Install directional tactiles and tactile indicators.
- Carry out road markings.
- Extend the No stopping at all times restrictions on Kelvin Road.
Why the changes are required
The traffic and pedestrian survey indicated that there is a moderate demand to cross Settlement Road intersection with Kelvin Road. A childcare and a bus stop is located opposite Kelvin Road on Settlement Road. Settlement Road is very busy throughout the day and the nearest crossing facility is approximately 300 metres apart.