�Consultation status: closed 27 March 2018
Proposal reference: FP1617-027
We are proposing to install a new footpath on the east side of Wattle Farm Road between Muirfield Street and the bus stop near Wattle Downs Golf Course at 130 Wattle Farm Road.
Why the changes are needed
- The project is part of a region wide programme to improve safety, connectivity and accessibility for pedestrians.
- The project has a high priority because it links directly to a bus stop and fills two important gaps in the local footpath network.
- The project also serves a new retirement complex between Muirfield Street and the entrance to the Wattle Downs Golf Course.
The proposal received positive feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
- Suggestion that the money would be better spent repairing broken footpaths than installing new ones. Maintenance of existing footpaths across the network should be happening on an ongoing basis as roads and footpaths become due for renewal. If there are specific maintenance issues with existing footpaths, please provide feedback here.
- Request for the footpath between 102 and 106 Wattle Farm Road to also be renewed as this is on the bus route. Footpath renewals should be happening on an ongoing basis according to their regularly scheduled maintenance programmes. If there is a specific issue with the footpath between 102 and 106 please also fill out a feedback form so the request is logged with the correct team to be actioned.
- Request that the work is started soon as this is urgent. Your request to hurry the construction work is noted and the work should be occurring before the end of June 2018.
- Requests additional works include:
- Request for speed bumps between Avonglen roundabout and Muirfield roundabout.
- Concern about trees falling from the trees making the ground slippery.
- Request for a zebra crossing where the pedestrian refuge is.
These requests are out of scope for this proposal which focuses on installing a new footpath on Wattle Farm Road, Wattle Downs. If you would like your request to be considered by us for future development works, please provide feedback here.�
We expect to introduce this work between July 2018 and June 2019, subject to further changes in design or funding issues.
Contractors will issue 48-hour notices to all affected residents prior to construction work.