Consultation status: closed 24 March 2017
We are proposing the following changes:
1) Delta Avenue in New Lynn (between Hugh Brown Drive and Veronica Street):
- Reduce the extent of the existing No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) on Delta Avenue between Hugh Brown Drive and Veronica Street.
- Install new No stopping at all times restrictions on Delta Avenue adjacent to Reid Avenue.
2) Install new No stopping at all times restrictions at the following locations on Delta Avenue (between Bentinck Street and Stock Street):
- Delta Avenue at the intersection with Bentinck Street.
- The southern side of Delta Avenue between Bentinck Street and Crum Avenue.
- At the Delta Avenue-Crum Avenue intersection.
- The northern side of Delta Avenue between Crum Avenue and Stock Street.
Why the changes are needed
Delta Avenue between Hugh Brown Drive and Veronica Street.
- Parking demand in the area is high and removing some restrictions on Delta Avenue will provide on-street parking for residents, businesses and visitors.
- New broken yellow lines are proposed at the Delta Avenue-Reid Road intersection to improve accessibility and to provide more space for turning vehicles.
- The proposed changes provide more on-street parking and improve safety at the intersections.
Delta Avenue between Bentinck Street and Stock Street.
- Delta Avenue, Bentinck Street, Crum Avenue and Stock Street experience large volumes of traffic during peak hours and are used as run routes by vehicles travelling between Rata Street and Great North Road.
- Cars parked on both sides of Delta Avenue are causing visibility and accessibility issues especially for heavy vehicles servicing the commercial premises along this road.