Consultation status: closed 24 March 2017
We are proposing the following changes:
1) Glendale Road
- Install a new 6 metre wide speed table with 1.5 metre wide ramps, to accommodate buses.
- Install new footpath surrounds with a pram crossing and tactiles.
- Remove existing island and replace it with a new 1.9 metre wide pedestrian refuge with tactiles.
- Upgrade road markings including a new flush median.
2) Oates Road
- Remove the existing refuge island and replace it with a new 2.0 metre wide pedestrian refuge and a pram crossing with tactiles and new side islands.
- Install new flush medians, a right turn bay and upgraded road markings.
Why the changes are needed
These changes will provide pedestrians with safer crossing points on both Glendale and Oates Road and improve road safety for all users.