Consultation status: closed 9 March 2017
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to improve pedestrian facilities around Glengarry Road, Shetland Street and Rosier Road in Glen Eden.
We propose to:
- Install two pedestrian splitter islands with cross-throughs, pram crossings and tactile pavers.
- Add a kerb buildout at the intersection of Shetland Street and Glengarry Road.
- Add new road markings, including two right-turning bays with flush medians.
- Install no stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) around the intersection.
- Conduct minor footpath repaving.
The bus stop outside 91 Glengarry Road will also be upgraded to Auckland Transport Code of Practice standards with new yellow road markings and broken yellow lines from the intersection with Rosier Road.
These proposed measures will slow vehicle speeds in the area. Reducing the width of some lanes will reduce driving speed, and the two new pedestrian crossings will make walking safer and easier.
The broken yellow lines will also address vehicle access and visibility concerns near the intersection.