Consultation status: closed 1 February 2017
We are proposing to:
- Remove left hand slip lane from Great North road on to Alderman Drive.
- Reconstruct footpath in place of slip lane.
- Relocate broken yellow lines (BYLs) from old slip lane.
- Green current cycle boxes.
- Remove pram crossing and replace with footpath.
- Add pedestrian crossing and belisha beacons over the left hand slip lane of Great North Road heading North.
- Install new pram crossing across Alderman Drive.
Why changes are required
This is part of the town centre improvement program, pedestrian services need to be improved and this proposal with facilitate this.