Consultation status: closed 1 February 2017
We are proposing to:
- Remove the slip lane from Edmonton Rd turning left on to Great North Rd.
- Upgrade all stop boxes.
- Green cycle boxes.
- Relocate broken yellow lines (BYLs) due to the loss of the slip road.
- Install road signs on Great North Rd.
- Relocate street lighting at pedestrian crossing.
- Install belisha beacons at pedestrian crossing.
Why changes are required
This is part of the town centre improvement program, pedestrian services need to be improved and this proposal would facilitate this.
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
Specific feedback and proposed solution
- Concern that the advance stop boxes are not large enough to accommodate an average size cargo bike. The stop boxes proposed are in accordance with design standards and are 3m long, this will accommodate an average size cargo bike.
- Requests to remove a power pole outside 7 Edmonton Road. Utility services such as power poles are not managed by AT, please contact the service provider regarding this.
We expect to introduce this work by June 2018, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue a 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.