Consultation status: closed 2 March 2017
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to improve crossing on Hepburn Road in
We propose to:
- Install a new pram crossing with refuge island and tactile pavers.
- Install a new flush median and no stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines).
As this section of
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
The proposal received positive feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
Specific feedback and proposed solution
- Request to straighten the flush median with parking removal as well as replacing angle parking with parallel parking. The proposed no stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) are considered to appropriately support the pedestrian refuge island therefore any additional restrictions would be unnecessary and remove valued on-street parking. Furthermore, changes to the existing angle parking layout to parallel parking would result in considerable loss of parking for customers. Also, with parking removed from outside no. 80 there is sufficient visibility for all road users. After the above considerations, the existing parking and narrowed flush median layout will remain unchanged.
- Request for additional pedestrian crossings on Hepburn Road. The locations requested in the feedback were approximately 350m from the proposed pedestrian refuge island. Therefore, the request is not within the scope of this project. However, the pedestrian activity near the bus stops will be investigated as a separate project in the future.
- Request for additional works including additional crossings, changes to parking etc. If you would like your request to be considered by AT for future development works, please provide feedback on our website.
We expect to introduce this work by June 2018, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue a 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.