Consultation status: closed 3 May 2018
Proposal reference: BYL-248
We are proposing to install broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times parking restrictions) around the bends of and opposite the intersection of Horizon Way and Reflection Drive.
Why the changes are needed
The proposal includes parking removal and aims to improve driver visibility which is currently being restricted by vehicles parking around this intersection.
The proposal received positive feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
- Requests for BYL’s to be reduced or extended. An engineer has assessed this location onsite and has found that Broken Yellow Lines are required in the proposed area to improve visibility at the intersection. There are alternative parking spaces close to property number 1 and 10.
- Suggests that the issue is not really parking but speeding. Every year, our engineers assess a high number of customer requests for traffic calming measures across Auckland. Requests are then ranked in order of priority and a programme of work is scheduled for the year ahead. We have previously evaluated speeds in this area and they ranked low on the priority list when compared to other roads in Auckland.
- Feels a number of the people who park frequently in these streets are ferry commuters and therefore that AT efforts should be focused on improving ferry terminal parking. This matter has been referred to the parking design team.
- Concern around the loss of parking and congestion. Movement of vehicles are prioritised over parking spaces.
- There is concern over vehicle visibility at the Horizons Way and Reflection Drive intersection. For safety reasons Broken Yellow Lines need to be installed.
- Request for additional works include:
- Request for an arborist or tree trimmer to cut back the large bush at the corner of property no. 10 that forces pedestrians off of the footpath and onto the road.
- Feels something should be done about the entrance to Reflection Drive from Clearwater Cove as this is a dangerous intersection.
While these requests do not fall within the scope of this proposal which focuses on broken yellow lines on Reflection Drive and Horizon Way, West Harbour, we have passed your concerns onto the relevant internal team for further investigation.
We will ensure the bush is cut back when the contractor goes out onsite to install Broken Yellow Lines and can confirm that broken yellow lines at the intersection to Reflection Drive from Clearwater Cove has broken yellow lines which are intended to restrict vehicles parking here and provides improved visibility for vehicles.
- If you would like your request to be considered by us for future development works, please provide feedback here.
We expect to introduce this work between July 2018 and June 2019, subject to further changes in design or funding issues.
Contractors will issue 48-hour notices to all affected residents prior to construction work.