Consultation status: open until 2 March 2017.
We are proposing to:
- Install new kerb build-out with relocated pram crossing on the east side of Thornlow Street.
- Install new footpath surrounds with pram crossing on the west side of Thornlow Street.
- Relocate existing concrete planting box.
- Install new road markings including limit line and give-way triangle on Thornlow Street.
- Install new 'No stopping at all times' restriction (also known as broken yellow lines) on Kirby Street and Thornlow Street.
- Install new give-way signage.
Why are changes required
The kerb extension is to encourage slower vehicle speeds and to provide a shorter crossing distance for pedestrians. The new broken yellow lines and road markings will improve visibility and accessibility for pedestrians and vehicles. During the design stage the possibility of installing a traffic island on Thornlow Street at the intersection was assessed however, the road is deemed not wide enough and would not provide adequate lane widths.
Download the consultation plans:
If you would like to post in your feedback, download and print our feedback form template, fill in your details and send it freepost using the address details on the form.