Consultation status: closed 6 September 2017
Proposal reference: BYL-160
We are making the following changes:
- Add broken yellow lines on both corner sides of Marconi Place intersecting Laburnum Rd.
- Add broken yellow lines along northern side of the Marconi Place.
- Add a centre line and limit line marking on Marconi Place approaching Laburnum Rd.
- Updated: Add broken yellow lines on Laburnum opposite the entrance to Marconi.
Why the changes are needed
Due to cars being allowed to park on Marconi Place and because of the road being narrow, there is an accessibility issue for residents and this proposal would help fix this issue.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed with changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
Specific feedback and proposed solution
- Concerns about inadequate resident parking. We acknowledge that on-street parking is a valuable and shared community resource. Therefore its removal is only carried out where a significant safety or accessibility issue has been identified.
- Please install broken yellow lines outside 9 Marconi Place. We are removing street parking along one side of the Marconi Place only so there is sufficient space for larger vehicles to manoeuvre.
- Part of the problem is that cars from outside of Marconi Place park here. Public parking is allowed on Marconi place.
- Concerns that these restrictions may cause parking issues on Laburnum which already has reduced accessibility on occasion. We acknowledge that on-street parking is a valuable and shared community resource. Therefore its removal is only carried out where a significant safety or accessibility issue has been identified.
- Add broken yellow lines on Laburnum opposite the entrance to Marconi as this is a blind corner. Your request has been taken on board and we will add broken yellow lines adjacent to Marconi Place, on Laburnum Road.
- Where parking is still available residents would like clearly marked parking spaces so that cars do not park within 1m of their driveways. Parking within one metre of a vehicle crossing or driveway is illegal. If you notice a vehicle is parked within one metre of a driveway please call 09 355 3553 to report it.
- Parking should be allowed in the head of the cul de sac. By removing street parking along one side of the Marconi Place and at cul-de-sac we enable sufficient space for trucks and emergency vehicles turn.
We expect to introduce this work in the 2017/18 financial year, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues.
Contractors will issue 48-hour notice to all affected residents prior to construction work.