Consultation status: closed 23 May 2017
We are seeking feedback on a proposal to add P90 (
The P90 parking limits would apply between 8am and
With a high amount of commuters, train passengers and workers in and around the New Lynn Train Station and Transport Hub, there is a high demand for parking in the area.
Local businesses are currently being impacted by a lack of short-term parking, as nearby parking spaces are used for long-term parking.
Adding time-restricted parking to some of the spaces outside 22 Margan Avenue will encourage more parking turnover for local business customers. The new P90 parking spaces mirror the current P90 parking spaces on the opposite side of the road.
Unrestricted parking is still available further up Margan Avenue.
Thank you everyone for your feedback.
The proposal received mixed feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed with changes to the next stage of detailed planning. The proposed restrictions have now been amended to a P90 from 8am-6pm Mon-Fri and we are removing the weekend restrictions.
Specific feedback and proposed solution
- Request for more P90 spaces be provided. The number of 6 spaces was decided in order to mirror the time restriction of P90 on the opposite side of Margan Avenue and to reduce confusion to general public. This was proposed at the request of a nearby local business as a tool to facilitate turnover and manage the high parking demand. This restriction and number of car parks aim to support business activity in the area. Further on Margan Avenue, there is unrestricted parking which can be utilised for the purposes described. We are aware that currently there is building development activity in the area and the parking demand profile is likely to alter upon completion which will necessitate we review and make amendments to parking layout in the location to meet the varied and often conflicting demands of the wider community.
- Request that it should be a P120 instead as the P90 isn’t long enough. The proposed P90 spaces are designed to mirror the time restriction on the opposite side of Margan Avenue and to reduce confusion for the general public in keeping the time restriction consistent in the area.
- Suggestion for it to be applicable only on weekdays, as on the weekends the restrictions will impact the operations of #37 Margan Avenue. We have taken your feedback and comments into consideration and we will propose that the P90 restrictions are now from 8am-6pm, Mon-Fri and have removed the weekend restrictions.
- Relocate proposed restrictions to further up the road. This location was proposed at the request of a nearby local business as a tool to facilitate parking turnover and manage high demand. This will support business activity nearby and will not be re-located further away.
- Request for additional works including a Park and Ride facility. If you would like your request to be considered for future development works, please provide feedback here.
We expect to introduce this work starting in July 2017 and throughout 2017/2018, subject to any further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will issue 48-hour notice to all residents in the area prior to starting construction work.