Consultation status: closed 24 March 2017
We are proposing the following changes:
- Install No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) on New Windsor Rd (outside 92 Bollard Avenue), which will remove 6 parking spaces.
- Upgrade road markings including a new flush median.
- Install a new pedestrian refuge island with signs, tactiles and pram crossings.
- Remove or relocate the tree from outside 54 New Windsor Rd.
- Install No stopping at all times restrictions outside 65 New Windsor Rd which will remove 4 parking spaces.
- Install new No stopping at all times restrictions outside 61 New Windsor Rd which will remove 2 parking spaces.
Why the changes are needed
These changes will provide pedestrians with a safe place to cross New Windsor Road. The new No stopping at all times restrictions are required to allow drivers to see pedestrians using the crossing and give pedestrians a clearer view of approaching vehicles, before stepping out onto the road.