Tapu Rd, Kumeu - New footpath Tapu Rd, Kumeu - New footpath
Consultation status: closed 27 March 2018
Proposal reference: FP1617-020
We are proposing to install a new footpath on the west side of Tapu Road, outside 68 Tapu Road.
View the consultation drawing for Tapu Road (PDF 2.3MB)
Why the changes are needed
- The project is part of a region wide programme to improve safety, connectivity and accessibility for pedestrians.
- This new footpath has a high priority because it fills a long standing gap in the existing urban footpath network.
- The new link will improve accessibility to bus stops and bus services on Tapu Road.
The proposal received positive feedback with some concerns raised by respondents. After reviewing this feedback and all other supporting evidence, the proposal will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning.
- Suggestion that the footpath should be extended. Additional sections of footpath are expected to be constructed on Tapu Road in future years. The majority will be constructed by developers and will be a condition of consent. Any gaps not provided by developers will be considered and prioritised as part of the Regional New Footpath programme. Footpath links into and through Huapai Domain are the responsibility of Auckland Council. The AT project on Tapu Road fills a gap in the network and joins directly with continuous footpath on both sides.
- Concern about development of the paddock land. The Regional New Footpath Programme was designed to respond to customer requests. If AT is aware that an adjacent development is due to proceed construction in the near future, then footpath construction will be a condition of development. In this instance there is gap in the network and no certainty that development in the adjacent land will commence any time soon.
- Requests for additional works include:
- Request for speed bumps;
- Request for a crossing on Tapu Road.
These requests are out of scope for this proposal which focuses on a footpath at Tapu Road, Kumeu. If you would like your request to be considered by AT for future development works, please fill in a feedback form or report a problem to be fixed.
We expect to introduce this work between July 2018 and June 2019, subject to further changes in design or funding issues. Contractors will notify all affected residents prior to construction work.