Titirangi Road, Titirangi – Parking changes Titirangi Road, Titirangi – Parking changes
Proposal status: Feedback closed 11 February 2020, updated 18 March 2020
Reference number: RTV-272
We've proposed changes in your area
In February 2020, we proposed to add a bus parking space on Titirangi Road, opposite Te Uru Waitakere Art Gallery and to relocate the existing bus stop further east. The proposal responded to a request for a designated parking space for buses going to the art gallery and Titirangi Village. The bus parking is expected to bring in more students and tourists to the area and help local businesses.
Proposed bus parking space
- Bus Parking: 9am to 6pm, Monday to Sunday.
- P2 (2 minute parking): 8am to 9am, Monday to Friday, School days only.
Existing bus stop (to be relocated):
- Bus stop: 2:45pm to 3:15pm, School days only.
- P60 (1 hour parking): At all other times.
Download the proposal drawing for Titirangi Road (PDF 486KB)
We have listened to community feedback and have decided that this proposal will not proceed to the next stage of detailed planning. There was insufficient support for the proposal and alternative locations would be unsuitable due to the spaces required for coaches to manoeuvre.
Thank you to everyone who responded to our proposal and gave us the chance to better understand your community and concerns. A summary of this feedback and our responses to community questions and concerns is below.
- Concern that ongoing village developments will lead to even more parking issues. Auckland Transport appreciates that parking is well utilised in Titirangi and is aware of the potential risks involved with any reduction. On-street parking capacity is finite, and any changes can only be done at the expense of parking for another class of vehicle.
- Request that tenants of Lopdell House have permits for the Lopdell car park. The parking associated with Lopdell House does not fall within the public road reserve and is therefore not under Auckland Transport’s jurisdiction. Any requests for permits would need to be addressed to the property owner.
This work will not proceed.