Construction work on the first and smaller phase of Pukekohe’s bus and train transport hub is in full swing.
This stage involves construction of a temporary facility for new bus services and the installation of traffic lights at the Custom Street/Manukau Road intersection.
Access changes to surrounding local roads will be made over the next few days. These include:
Harris Road/Manukau Road intersection – 12 September onwards
- Left only turn into Harris Street from Manukau Road.
- Left only out of Harris Street into Manukau Road.
- No right turns from Harris Street into Manukau Road or from Manukau Road into Harris Street.
Initially these restrictions will be required temporarily to allow the construction of new kerbs and footpaths at the intersection. Once the works have been completed this will become a permanent change to Harris Street. This restriction is due to help manage the flow of traffic along Manukau Road following the installation of traffic lights.
Public car park entrance to Auckland Council Service Centre closed
- As part of the work on the Custom Street/Manukau Road intersection, the public carpark to the Auckland Council Service Centre will be used until September 2017.
- The carpark entrance off Manukau Road will remain open at all times.
- Traffic management staff will be on site to provide assistance if required.