Auckland Transport welcomes Government announcement – statement from AT chair Adrienne Young-Cooper
- Auckland Transport welcomes today’s confirmation on the direction and funding commitment to deliver the NZ Upgrade Programme.
- It means a number of significant projects will be delivered in the region which will deliver on transport, climate change, safety and housing objectives.
- The announcement also gives clarity to communities who have faced uncertainty in their neighbourhoods for, in some cases, years.
- AT will continue to work with Waka Kotahi on complimentary local connections such as cycleways at both ends of the Northern Pathway and on how that project may be able to be fast-tracked in any way.
- AT will also work with Waka Kotahi on more walking and cycling infrastructure, and public transport to maximise the investment in other projects, particularly in the South.