The Black Caps play Australia in the Cricket World Cup final on Sunday 29 March and a Fanzone, which has been operating near Britomart in the CBD, has been expanded to cater for up to 3000 people. In response to the Fanzone increase, limited additional bus and ferry services are available from Britomart:
- Northern Express bus services to the North Shore will depart after the last scheduled service at 10pm, every 15 minutes from 10.15pm to 1.30am from outside Britomart.
- Limited bus shuttle services operating to railway stations along the Eastern, Southern, Western and Onehunga Lines between 11pm and 1.30am from Lower Queen Street, approximately every 30 minutes.
- Additional Devonport ferry services will operate between 10pm and 12.30am from Downtown to Devonport, on-demand.
All other public transport services will finish as per scheduled timetables. Public transport messaging will occur during the match on the Fanzone screens reminding attendees of the last scheduled services to depart the CBD:
- Southern Line: last train departing Britomart is 9.28pm.
- Onehunga Line: last train departing Britomart is 9.45pm.
- Eastern Line: last train departing Britomart 10.17pm.
- Western Line: last train departing Britomart is 10.24pm.
If you are traveling to the CBD, plan your trip in advance. See Bus, train, ferry for more information.