More buses more often, better reliability and a simpler timetable are some of the improvements Auckland Transport has made to West Auckland bus services.
Based on public consultation that took place in October-November 2013, services in the Green Bay and Titirangi area have been completely redesigned from the ground up. Starting Sunday 3 August these new routes have been designed for greater frequency, simplicity, and to provide better connections to other buses and trains at New Lynn. This part of West Auckland is the first area in Auckland to get the principles of the New Network that will be rolled out across the city in the coming years.
In addition to the major changes in Green Bay / Titirangi area, there are a number of other changes being implemented across the wider West Auckland area to improve service to the region.
Mark Lambert, Group Manager Public Transport says, “The changes are a direct response to customer requests to have more frequent and reliable services. They will improve services for the majority of passengers and make the public transport network easier for new customers to understand.”
Some of the changes include:
- Services between Titirangi Village and New Lynn will be every 30 minutes, seven days a week between 7am and 9pm.
- A new route has been created linking Titirangi Village directly with Glen Eden shops and train station.
- Some direct trips to the city have been replaced by local trips to New Lynn where passengers will need to connect to another bus or train. Connections between bus and train have been timed to allow passengers to transfer easily.
- Minor changes to timetables for most West Auckland suburban bus services.
- Minor changes to routes and bus stops at Henderson Town Centre, and Hobson Street and Victoria Street West in central Auckland.
Find out more about the new timetables here or phone the AT Contact Centre on 09 366 6400.
The New Network for the wider area of West Auckland will be consulted on later this year.