Auckland Transport has announced the preferred tenderers for the contract for Auckland Public Transport Bus Service Central and East Procurement.
Group Manager AT Metro Development - Colin Homan says the tenders were called under the Public Transport Operating Model (PTOM).
“This is a new approach to planning and contracting Public Transport services to enable less reliance on public subsidy and to ensure services are procured effectively.”
Mr Homan says the process from here is to enter into negotiations with the Preferred Tenderers before finalising the offer.
The Units and Preferred Tenderers are:
- Unit 03 Grey Lynn – Transportation Auckland Corporation Limited (NZ Bus)
- Unit 14 Mt Wellington – Go Bus Transport Limited
- Unit 52 Howick to Panmure – Go Bus Transport Limited
- Unit 53 Botany Cross-Town – Howick & Eastern Buses Limited
The current contracts for the Central & East tranches are held by:
- Central Auckland - Transportation Auckland Corporation Limited (NZ Bus), Pavlovich Coachlines Limited (t/a Urban Express)
- East Auckland – Howick & Eastern Buses Limited, Transportation Auckland Corporation Limited (NZ Bus)
The new contracts are planned to come into effect from:
- Central Auckland – early to mid-2018
- East Auckland – end 2017 to early 2018