The Draft Cycling and Micromobility Programme Business Case (CAM-PBC) outlines ways to achieve Te-Tāruke-ā-Tāwhiri: Auckland’s Climate Plan cycling goal - three quarters of a million daily cycling trips in Tāmaki Makaurau - a 30-fold increase by 2030!
To understand how those goals could be reached, the CAM-PBC models infrastructure, policy and relevant growth initiatives. It is required by and follows Waka Kotahi funding guidelines as an essential element to secure funding from the National Land Transport Fund. It takes a long-term view on alignment with Council’s strategic direction, identifies what funding is required and where that could be spent - effectively and efficiently.
The CAM-PBC goes beyond the remit of Auckland Transport, drawing in other agencies and ministries through identifying actions they could consider, in support of Te-Tāruke-ā-Tāwhiri: Auckland’s Climate Plan.
To confirm the strategic alignment, the CAM-PBC will go before the Auckland Council Planning Committee (May) Auckland Transport Board (May) and Waka Kotahi board (July). The recommendations within the CAM-PBC are for each appropriate agency or ministry to review, consider and if necessary, fund.
Please note that it is a draft working document, and only finalised once it passes Waka Kotahi's Board approval process, including an independent quality assurance. Because a PBC has required components, a plain-English summary will be available in June.
- CAM PBC - Final Draft April 2022 (PDF 2.80MB)
- Appendix A - ILM technical note (PDF 235KB)
- Appendix B - Appraisal Summary Table (.xslx 95KB)
- Appendix C - Lessons Learnt technical note (PDF 394KB)
- Appendix D - Alternatives technical note (PDF 308KB)
- Appendix E - Long list technical note (PDF 536KB)
- Appendix F - Shortlist technical note PDF 1.14MB)
- Appendix H - Policy technical note (PDF 486KB)
- Appendix I - Prioritisation Matrixm (.xslx 210KB)
- Appendix J - Benefits Realisation technical note (PDF 163KB)
- Appendix K - SSBC Framework (PDF 517KB)
- Appendix L - Cost Estimates and Design Standards technical note (PDF 212KB)
- Appendix M - Cycling Demands and Economic Assessment (PDF 820KB)
- Appendix N - Risk Register (PDF 41.5KB)
- Appendix O - Indicative programme maps (PDF 1.65MB)