AT HOP day pass is your ticket for most of Auckland's trains, buses and inner harbour ferries until midnight on the day it is first used
The AT HOP day pass costs $18 and is loaded onto an AT HOP card. Use the card to tag on and tag off for each bus train and ferry trip as you travel.
The AT HOP day pass will start at the time you first tag on the train, bus or ferry, and will be valid for unlimited travel until midnight on the day it is first used.
Where to buy
If you don't have an AT HOP card
Visit an Auckland Transport customer service centre, ticket office or AT HOP retailer where you can buy an AT HOP card and load a day pass on to it.
The AT HOP cards cost $10.
Unless you have purchased a
If you already have an AT HOP card
You can buy a day pass from an AT HOP top-up machine, AT customer service centres, ticket offices or AT HOP retailers.
Where to use
Day passes can be used on:
- All Auckland trains.
- Bus services operated by Birkenhead Transport, GO WEST, Howick & Eastern Buses, LINK, Metrolink, North Star, Ritchies Transport, Urban Express, Waiheke Bus Company, Waka Pacific and 380 Airporter /
- Ferry services operated by Fullers: Bayswater, Birkenhead, Devonport, Northcote Point, and Stanley Bay.
What you need to know
- The day pass starts at the time you first tag on the train, bus or ferry and is valid until midnight that day.
- You need to tag on and tag off each bus, train or ferry you travel on. Failure to do so will incur a penalty fare, which will be based on your concession type, where you tagged on and what service you travelled on.
- You may have either a day pass or a monthly pass on one AT HOP card. It is not possible to have both.
- If there are insufficient funds in your AT HOP account to cover your out-of-zone travel, your card will go into
negativebalance, whether or not you have a day pass loaded.
- Your card will not be able to be used until the negative balance is cleared.
- The minimum that you can top up to clear the negative balance is $5 or the value of the IOU amount, whichever is greater.
- We suggest that in addition to your day pass you maintain a small HOP money balance. Find out how to top-up your AT HOP card with HOP money.