10 day Public Transport Challenge 10 day Public Transport Challenge
New to using public transport? Buy an AT HOP card and join Auckland Transport's 10-Day Public Transport Challenge to get $50 credit loaded onto your new card.
About the challenge
Every weekend from 11 February to 30 April 2023, you'll find us at selected malls across Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland promoting public transport using an AT HOP card. Say hello, find out more about our services and join the 10-Day Challenge.
Get started with a few simple steps:
- Purchase your AT HOP card and $10 travel credit for $15 from a participating mall kiosk.
- Register your new AT HOP card.
- Use our online Journey Planner to plan your first trip.
- Travel using our bus, train or ferry services over ten days within a 60 day period.
When you've travelled with us on AT public transport over 10 days, we will load $50 onto your HOP card.
Keep an eye out for a confirmation email that the credit has been loaded within 7 days of completion.
You'll need to activate your $50 credit once it has been loaded by tagging on to a bus, or at a train station or ferry terminal within 60 days.
Fares are half price until 30 June 2023
Your fares could cost as little as:
- 50 1-stage trips (for example from central suburbs to the city centre) the adult fare is currently $0.99
- 28 2-stage trips (for example from the inner suburbs to the city centre) Adult fare is currently $1.76
- 20 3-stage trips (for example from outer suburbs to the city centre) Adult fare is currently $2.43
Find out more about half price fares.
- Botany Town Centre
- Glenfield Mall
- Westfield Albany
- Westfield Newmarket
- Westfield St Lukes
- Westfield Manukau
- Sylvia Park Mall
Mall kiosks will be open during mall trading hours on Saturdays and Sundays.
If you have not received your credit within 7 days of completing the challenge or require further assistance, please contact our Customer Service team.
Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions of the 10-Day Public Transport Challenge (“Challenge”):
By registering for and participating in the Challenge you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions;
- To qualify to participate in the Challenge you must:
- Purchase an AT HOP card from a participating mall kiosk during the term of the Challenge;
- Register your new AT HOP card at AT.govt.co.nz/athop; and
- Register your new registered AT HOP card to use to participate in the Challenge by completing the registration form at a participating mall kiosk;
- Keep your contact details up to date in your AT HOP account;
- Only one AT HOP card can be registered per person to use to participate in the Challenge. If you register more than one AT HOP card to use to participate in the Challenge you will be in breach of these terms and conditions;
- To qualify for the $50 AT HOP credit to your registered AT HOP card or any other benefit offered as part of the Challenge, you must use the registered AT HOP card (that you have registered to use to participate in the Challenge) to travel on public transport on ten (10) separate days in the two (2) months from the date of purchase of your AT HOP card registered for this Challenge. Any travel using another AT HOP card will not count towards the number of days you have travelled on public transport;
- You must keep your contact details up to date so that you do not miss out on any communication regarding this offer and AT will not be responsible if you miss out on any communication because you have not kept your contact details up to date;
- AT reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend your participation in the Challenge at any time and without notice on any reasonable ground including but not limited to: registering and/or using more than one AT HOP card to participate in the Challenge; fraudulent use of your registered AT HOP card including fraudulent participation in the Challenge, unlawful or improper conduct in relation to the Challenge or non-compliance with these terms and conditions.
- In the event that your participation in the Challenge is cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended, you will not be entitled for any credits or any other benefit offered as part of the Challenge; Any AT HOP credit received as a part of the Challenge can only be used to pay for public transport journeys provided by Public Transport Operators on the AT HOP card you have registered to use to participate in the Challenge and cannot be refunded upon cancellation of that AT HOP card or transferred to another AT HOP card or account;
- The AT HOP terms and conditions apply in addition to these terms and conditions at all times.