AT HOP day pass costs $18 and it is loaded onto an AT HOP card.
Buy a day pass for $18
If you already have an AT HOP card
- There are no refunds for activated AT HOP day passes.
- Only one day pass can be loaded on your card at a time. A second day pass can be loaded once the first day pass has been activated.
- You may have either a day pass or a bus and train monthly pass on one AT HOP card. It is not possible to have both.
- You may have a day pass and a ferry outer monthly pass, but not a ferry inner or ferry mid monthly pass.
If you don't have an AT HOP card
Buy an AT HOP card for $10 first and then load an $18 day pass on to it. Unless you have purchased a prepay card, cards must be topped up before use and, except when purchased online, must be topped up at the time of purchase. Minimum top up is $5. The purchase price is non-refundable. Find out where to go to buy a card.
How the day pass works
The AT HOP day pass starts at the time you first tag on the train, bus or ferry, and will be valid for unlimited travel until midnight on the day it is first used.
Tag on and tag off with the day pass
- If you have a day pass you have to tag on and tag off as you travel. If you fail to tag on and tag off you may be charged a default fare.
- If there are insufficient funds in your AT HOP account to cover other travel, not included in the day pass, your card will go into
negativebalance. Your card will not be able to be used until the negative balance is cleared. The minimum that you can top up to clear the negative balance is $5 or the value of the IOU amount, whichever is greater.
- We suggest that in addition to your day pass you maintain a small HOP money balance. Find out how to top-up your AT HOP card with HOP money.
Where you can use the day pass
- All Auckland trains.
- Scheduled bus services. For more details on which services you can use a day pass, contact us.
- Inner-harbour ferries operated by Fullers.
Where the day pass cannot be used
- Ferries to Waiheke Island, Half Moon Bay, Gulf Harbour, Pine Harbour, West Harbour, Rakino Island, Hobsonville and Beach Haven.
- Any other services provided by other bus or ferry operators, please contact us for more details.