Enjoy 50% off AT travel fares, concessions and the price of a new AT HOP card (except the purchase of pre-loaded HOP cards) until 31 January 2023. Excludes Waiheke and Rakino ferry tickets. For more details, visit Half Price Discount on Public Transport Fares.
Apply for a SuperGold public transport concession on a gold AT HOP card if you have a SuperGold card.
What you need to know
- You will be charged adult fares until your concession has been loaded.
- Your gold AT HOP card needs to be registered before a SuperGold public transport concession can be applied.
- You will be required to present your SuperGold card and further identification to apply your SuperGold concession.
- If your SuperGold concession is not loaded at a customer service centre, it may take up to 10 working days for the concession to be loaded.
- You can only hold one gold AT HOP card with a SuperGold public transport concession on it.
- If eligible, you may also hold an AT HOP card with either a Tertiary or Accessible concession (under the Total Mobility Scheme), and a SuperGold concession. Find out more about the multiple concessions.
- Log in to your MyAT account
- Select "View all cards" then select the card you want to apply the SuperGold concession to
- Select the "Available products" tab
- Select "Apply for a concession"
- Choose "SuperGold" from the concession type list.
- Attach a photo of your SuperGold card showing your client number, and attach a copy of another proof of ID (maximum file size of 10MB). If you are unable to, then you can load your concession in person, or apply by post.
- Submit the form.
We will contact you via email to advise that your concession has been successfully loaded. You will need to tag-on to public transport within 60 days to finalise your concession on your AT HOP card. If you do not tag on within 60 days the concession will expire and you will need to call us so that we can reactivate it. You will be charged adult fares until the concession is reloaded.
How to apply for the SuperGold concession online if your gold AT HOP card is registered as a linked account and not the primary account?
If you have your gold AT HOP card registered as a linked account, that is not the primary account, you will not be able to submit a concession application online. Instead, visit an AT Customer Service Centre or apply for the concession via post to load your concession.
Ensure you have filled in your name, address, SuperGold card client number, your new gold AT HOP card number, email address if you have one, and included photocopies of your SuperGold card showing your client number and another proof of ID.
- Please do not include originals as we only need photocopies.
- We cannot load your concession if we do not have these photocopies for proof of eligibility.
You will need to tag-on to public transport within 60 days to finalise your concession on your AT HOP card.
Why do I need to send a copy of my photo ID along with this form, when I have already shown it to purchase my gold AT HOP card?
We want to be sure that only those customers who are entitled to a SuperGold card are provided with both the gold AT HOP card and the SuperGold concession. This information is required to complete the card registration and concession application processes. It also helps us to ensure that it is you and not someone else who is trying to have the concession loaded on to your card. We would not want to load your concession onto a card that ends up being used by someone pretending to be you.
Once you have registered your gold AT HOP card, you can visit an AT Customer Service Centre with your AT HOP card, SuperGold card and another proof of ID in person, and we will load the concession while you are there. Note: AT HOP retailers are not able to load concessions.
Renew your concession
When your SuperGold concession expires, you can renew it at any AT Customer Service Centre when you present your AT HOP card, SuperGold card and valid ID. Your AT HOP SuperGold public transport concession will expire when your SuperGold card expires, or after six years, whichever is first.
Contact us if you need help with this process.