If you do not have a SuperGold card you might be eligible for a SuperGold public transport concession on a blue AT HOP card using an AT Senior Citizen ID card.
Using a SuperGold concession on a blue AT HOP card
You will be required to travel with your AT HOP card loaded with a SuperGold concession and your AT Senior Citizen ID card as evidence of your eligibility for the SuperGold public transport concession.
- Your AT HOP SuperGold public transport concession will expire when your AT Senior Citizen ID card expires, or after three years, whichever is first.
- You can only apply for a SuperGold public transport concession on a blue AT HOP card (not a gold AT HOP card) with an AT Senior Citizen ID card.
- You can only hold one AT HOP card with a SuperGold public transport concession on it.
Using your AT HOP card
- You will need to tag on and tag off with your AT HOP card when you travel.
- The concession applies to travel commencing after 9am weekdays and all day on weekends and on public holidays. If SuperGold public transport concession holders tag-on before 9am on weekdays (for example 8.49am) then this is your travel start time and you will be charged adult fares.
- Travel commencing before 9am on weekdays will be charged at adult fares to your HOP money balance on your AT HOP card.
How to apply for a SuperGold public transport concesion using your AT Senior Citizen ID card
Buy a card online or find out where to get an AT HOP card. The AT HOP cards cost $10 and must be loaded with at least $5 HOP Money at the time of purchase. The $10 card purchase price is non-refundable.
Register your AT HOP card online.
Your AT HOP card needs to be registered before a SuperGold public transport concession can be applied.
Step-by-step instructions to register your AT HOP card
- Create MyAT online account to register your AT HOP card
- Create MyAT AT HOP online account.
- Fill in your details and submit.
- Open the email that has been sent to you and click on the activation link.
- Create your password.
- Log in and click to confirm your details.
- Check details and scroll to the bottom to submit.
- Click the "Register AT HOP card" button to take you to the form to register your AT HOP card.
If you are unable to register your card online, please call the AT HOP call centre on (09) 366 4467 and a customer service representative will help you.
- Once your card is registered, log in to your MyAT account to apply for a concession
- Select the AT HOP card you want the concession applied to.
- Select the SuperGold concession type.
- Attach a photo of your AT Senior Citizen ID card (maximum file size of 2MB). If you are unable to, visit an AT Customer Service Centre, and we will load the concession while you are there. Remember to bring your AT HOP card and AT Senior Citizen ID card.
- Submit the form.
If your SuperGold concession is not loaded at a Customer Service Centre, it may take about 10 working days for the concession to be applied.
- If you lose your card, or it is stolen, please write to: c/- Total Mobility Team, Auckland Transport, Private Bag 92-250, Auckland 1142, and inform us of the loss, giving your name, address, phone number, date of birth and payment of $7.00 for a new card (cheques made payable to 'Auckland Transport').
- If your previous card was issued before December 2000, you will also need to send in a new photo.