There are a few different ways to manage the card for the person you are registering the card on behalf of.
First decide how you want to setup your MyAT account
Option 1: Register the card on behalf of another person which allows them to eventually take over the management of their card and account
- This requires a unique email address for each person's own MyAT account, as you are unable to re-use the email address for another AT HOP account.
- If you managing cards on behalf of multiple people, then creating a MyAT account for each person and then logging into each account to manage the cards may be time consuming.
If you decide this option then do the same steps as if creating a MyAT account and registering card for yourself but use the person's name, email and contact details you are managing on behalf of.
Option 2: Use your own MyAT account, log in and create linked accounts for managing cards for more than one person
- You need to register your own AT HOP card to your MyAT account first before registering cards and linked accounts for additional people.
- You cannot register cards that have already been registered to another AT HOP account.
- If in the future the person you are managing this card for wants to manage their own card they will have to create their own MyAT account and buy a new card to register.
- You cannot transfer balances between linked/primary accounts.
How to register
- First buy a card for yourself and for the person you are going to manage on behalf of. You need the card number to be able to register the card.
- to register your AT HOP card.
- Open the email that has been sent to you and click on the activation link.
- Create your password.
- Log in and confirm your details.
- Click the "Register AT HOP card" button to take you to the form to register your own AT HOP card.
- Under "Who is the card for? select "For my child/employee/someone else (linked account)" and add the details of the person you are managing the card for.
- Enter AT HOP card number.
- Submit to register an AT HOP card on behalf of.
If you are unable to register your card online, please call the AT HOP call centre on (09) 366 4467 and a customer service representative will help you.