There are a few different ways to manage the card for the person you are registering the card on behalf of.
First decide how you want to setup your MyAT account
Option 1: Register the card on behalf of another person which allows them to eventually take over the management of their card and account
- This requires a unique email address for each person's own MyAT account, as you are unable to re-use the email address for another AT HOP account.
- If you managing cards on behalf of multiple people, then creating a MyAT account for each person and then logging into each account to manage the cards may be time consuming.
- Once a HOP card is registered, it cannot be deregistered or moved to another account.
If you decide this option then do the same steps as if creating a MyAT account and registering card for yourself but use the person's name, email and contact details you are managing on behalf of.
Option 2: Use your own MyAT account, log in and create linked accounts for managing cards for more than one person
- You need to register your own AT HOP card to your MyAT account first before registering cards and linked accounts for additional people.
- You cannot register cards that have already been registered to another AT HOP account.
- If in the future the person you are managing this card for wants to manage their own card they will have to create their own MyAT account and buy a new card to register.
- You cannot transfer balances between linked/primary accounts.
How to register
- First buy a card for yourself and for the person you are going to manage on behalf of. You need the card number to be able to register the card.
- to register your AT HOP card.
- Open the email that has been sent to you and click on the activation link.
- Create your password.
- Log in and confirm your details.
- Click "Register AT HOP card".
- Under "Who is the card for? select "New linked account" and add the details of the person you are managing the card for.
- Enter AT HOP card number.
- Click "Register card".
If you are unable to register your card online, please call the AT HOP call centre on (09) 366 4467 and a customer service representative will help you.