AT HOP day pass costs $18 and it is loaded onto an AT HOP card.
Buy a day pass for $18
- You can buy a day pass and load it onto your AT HOP card at an AT HOP top-up machine, AT customer service centre, or AT HOP retailer. You cannot buy a day pass online.
- The day pass price does not include the (non-refundable) $10 one-off purchase price of an AT HOP card. Find out where to buy one.
- There are no refunds for activated AT HOP day passes.
- Only one day pass can be loaded on your card at a time. A second day pass can be loaded once the first day pass has been activated.
- You may have either a day pass or a bus and train monthly pass on one AT HOP card. It is not possible to have both.
- You may have a day pass and a ferry outer monthly pass, but not a ferry inner or ferry mid monthly pass.
Travelling with your AT HOP day pass
The AT HOP day pass starts when you first tag on the train, bus or ferry, and will be valid for unlimited travel until midnight on the day it is first used.
Tag on and tag off
- You have to tag on and tag off as you travel with your day pass. If you fail to tag on and tag off you may be charged a default fare.
You can use the day pass on
- All Auckland trains.
- Scheduled bus services.
- Ferries operated by Fullers:
- Inner Harbour ferries on Fullers travelling to Devonport, Bayswater, Birkenhead and Northcote Point.
You cannot use the day pass on
- Ferries to Waiheke Island, Half Moon Bay, Gulf Harbour, Pine Harbour, West Harbour, Rakino Island, Hobsonville and Beach Haven.
- Any other services provided by other bus or ferry operators, please contact us for more details.
Using both HOP money and a day pass
- We suggest that, in addition to your day pass, you maintain a small HOP money balance. Find out how to top-up your AT HOP card with HOP money.
- HOP money can be used to cover other travel not included in the day pass.
If the HOP money on your card goes into a negative balance, your card, including the day pass, cannot be used until the negative balance is cleared by topping up your card.